Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering.9/11.


It's hard to believe that the tragic events of September 11th happened 10 years ago today. I still remember that day as if it was yesterday. Most of us do...

My heart goes out to all of the families who lost loved ones when the towers fell and to all of the families who have loved ones who continue fighting for our country. To all the soldiers in all branches of the U.S. military who are so brave and strong and who fight for us each day - I thank you.

I know my words of thanks will never truly express all the gratitude I have for you, both soldiers and families of soldiers. I can't even imagine what a day is like in your shoes. It takes a special person to do what you do. To live each day in fear, yet you carry on with such strength. It's truly honorable.

God bless you and God bless the USA.


Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You, you may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhoo­d of man

Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You, you may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us
And the world will live as one

~ John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment