Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Monday, January 30, 2012
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Friday, January 27, 2012
Well how cute is this sports bra from Victoria's Secret?
Holds the girls up and the pink ribbon reminds us to support breast cancer research.
Not sure that the ribbon design was intentional since from what I can see there are no proceeds being donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation from any sales, but it's a good reminder for us to donate on our own.
Support the ta-tas!
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk, divided
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in rice; cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; uncover. Set aside.
Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small bowl.
Combine 1/4 cup milk and yolks in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add sugar mixture to milk mixture, stirring with a whisk until blended.
Bring remaining 1 1/4 cups milk and coconut milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Gradually add hot milk mixture to yolk mixture, stirring with a whisk. Return milk mixture to pan. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in cooked rice, coconut, and next 3 ingredients (through cardamom). Top with pistachios.
Monday, January 23, 2012
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
This pasta salad looks so mouth-watering good! Maybe it's the fun shaped pasta that intrigues me the most. Or maybe all the colors. All I know is I can't wait to try this...
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 eggplant (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 hot or sweet Italian sausages
- 8 ounces wagon-wheel pasta
1. Prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals or heat gas grill to medium-high; coat rack with nonstick cooking spray. For dressing, whisk together 4 tablespoons of the oil, the vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
2. Brush tomatoes, eggplant, and onion with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Pierce sausages several times with the point of a small knife. Grill vegetables and sausages, turning often, 13 to 15 minutes, or until sausages are no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; place in a large bowl.
4. Remove vegetables from grill and chop into bite-size pieces; cut sausages into coins, then cut each coin in half. Add sausage and vegetables to pasta. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
Thank you Fitness Magazine for this delicious idea.
Monday, January 16, 2012
I love this! I am a firm believer in having no regrets. Everything happens for a reason and we have to overcome some pretty challenging obstacles at times.
Life isn't easy.
People come and go.
We feel disappointed at times.
But, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
Besides, what good would a book be without many chapters?
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Saturday, January 14, 2012
How totally adorable and ultra feminine is this top?! And call me crazy, but it looks like something even I could make. Well, maybe not unless I could get away with using fabric glue...
Plain black tank top + lace = one sexy ensemble!
Forget the LBD (little black dress), this is one hot LBT (little black tank)!
Friday, January 13, 2012
NO excuses... get up and MOVE! This is a totally doable at-home exercise routine that does not require a single piece of gym equipment and will only take a few minutes to complete.
Now, go get that body you've been wanting!
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Today I am wishing I could be whisked away to the beautiful sands of Maui. I can feel the warm, humid air on my skin and the smell of Plumeria delighting my senses. I want to frolick about in the bluest blue water and dig my toes deep into the warm sand. The thought of eating macadamia nut pancakes with coconut syrup at the Gazebo in Napili makes my mouth water and I can taste the sweetest pineapple on my lips.
Maybe if I close my eyes, I will be there when I wake up...
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
I have always wanted to try making dinner in a Crock-Pot, especially because my schedule is always so hectic and I don't get home until I'm way past starving. I came across this recipe today for Orange Chicken and think I'll give it a whirl.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 large oranges (2 chopped, 2 juiced)
- 2 large sweet potatoes (cut in 1/8’s)
- 2 large celery stocks (cut into one-inch pieces)
- 4 large carrots (cut into two-inch pieces)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 2 large sprigs of rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
1. Layer ingredients, starting with carrots, sweet potato, celery, onion, then chicken.
2. Squeeze two large oranges over entire dish and sprinkle remaining chopped orange pieces, water, and sprigs of rosemary on top.
3. Cook on high for one hour, then turn down to low and cook six to eight hours more (depending on Crock-Pot).
4. When done, pour liquid from Crock-Pot into bowl and serve as orange gravy.
Thanks Beachbody for this yummy recipe. For more low-cal recipes like this one, please visit www.FitCoachTaryn.com
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Today I'm feeling like a yummy Caesar Salad, but if you're like me and don't like those little baby fishies, aka ANCHOVIES (ICK!), sitting on top of your salad, then Caesar is probably not your first pick when it comes to ordering a salad.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 raw egg (1 tablespoon mayonnaise can be used in lieu of the raw egg)
- Pinch of sugar