Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
MMM... how good does that look?!? I love pita bread and I really love yogurt dressing. This recipe makes about four pitas and sounds delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 organic, free range chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
Cucumber Yogurt Dressing -
- 1 cup organic plain low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup chopped organic cucumber
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tbsp fresh or dried dill
- Organic romaine lettuce
- Chopped organic tomatoes
- Whole wheat pita bread
1. Add chicken breasts, olive oil and balsamic vinegar to a large plastic ziplock bag and shake well. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. Add yogurt, dill, chopped cucumber, chopped red onion, lemon juice and pepper to a bowl and mix well. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
3. Heat up the pitas in an oven (350 degrees F for 5 minutes).
5. Grill the chicken breasts (indoor or outdoor) and slice into strips or small pieces.
6. Add pre-washed romaine lettuce to a bowl and toss with yogurt dressing.
7. Stuff pitas with the salad and add chopped tomatoes and chicken on top (or mix in with the dressing and salad first before stuffing the pitas if you prefer).
Recipe is courtesy of mysanfranciscokitchen.com
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Friday, October 12, 2012
Love this motivation!
After injuring my knee in March, it's been a long road to recovery. I spent three months in physical therapy, had to give up teaching for a while as well as my regular workouts. During that time, I gained a few pounds and really lost my workout mojo.
I'm back to working out now, but now that I have to wear a knee brace, I favor my good leg and I just don't get the same out of my workouts. So, I decided I needed to take charge of my health and fitness and get help. I hired a personal trainer and started my first training session today.
Holy moly, I am SORE! I haven't felt this way in months and it's an incredible feeling. I learned new exercises today and received tips on how to correct my form and technique with exercises I was doing on my own but no longer seeing results from.
I am so excited to have weekly scheduled appointments now so I can get back on track and feel my best. I am determined to acheive my goals and find joy in working out again. I'm going to be a boss!
Thursday, October 11, 2012
I can hardly believe it's been five months since my last post. Where did the time go?!?!
Autumn has arrived and I love the changes this season brings. Crisp cool air, beautiful colored leaves, rainfall, cuddly nights and scents of apple, cinnamon and pumpkin. It's absolutely perfect!
This year, Autumn has brought wonderful changes into my life and I am feeling extremely grateful and very blessed. I am welcoming this beautiful season with open arms and can hardly wait to see what this new chapter in my life has in store for me.