Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wounded.Warrior.


Well, on this fun Sunday, my fellow JGA office WARRIORS and I ventured down to Lake Elsinore for what is known as The Warrior Dash.

As the website describes it: Warrior Dash is a mud-crawling, fire-leaping, extreme run from Hell. This fierce running series is held on the most challenging and rugged terrain across the globe. Warriors conquer extreme obstacles, push their limits, and celebrate with kick-ass music, beer and warrior helmets.

I have to say that description is absolutely correct. I couldn't have explained it better myself.

Our crew had matching shirts that four of us girls spent all Friday night decorating with puffy paint, glitter and bling (of course!) and we were so excited for this crazy event. Especially me! Well, the race started out great - we had good laughs at some of the costumes people were in and sailed through the first three obstacles. And then this warrior ended up wounded at the half-way mark!

After rolling my ankle and hearing a scary "pop" and being knocked down to the mud/mini lake in excruciating pain, I was swept up out of the mud by a knight in shining armor whose face I never saw and then was rescued by a clown-car/golf cart "ambulance" decked out with lights and sirens! We blazed to the first-aid tent where I spent the next couple of hours surrounded by paramedics who paid me a great deal of attention. I even got a super cool make-shift splint to hold me over until I made it to the ER back in Orange County.

My x-rays showed no signs of broken bones, but rather a grade 2 sprain and I was sent home with a real splint and crutches. Not exactly the way I thought the Warrior Dash would have ended, but have no fear, I will conquer the insane course next year!

2 comments:

  1. How is your foot now? Do you have a picture of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anonymous!

    Thank you for asking. My foot is slowly on the mend. The swelling and bruising are 99% gone. Still can't put my full weight on it, but I'm hoping to ditch the crutches by the end of this week.

    ReplyDelete