Friday, April 29, 2011

100.Pushups.Challenge.

I used to HATE push ups - that is until I learned how to do them correctly. I had to start on my knees and do "girl" push-ups but every time I did them I would gradually try doing at least one on my toes. Slowly I worked up to two on my toes, then three, and so-on. Now that I can do them with proper form, they are one of my favorite exercises to do. They work every muscle and I feel such a strong sense of accomplishment after completing a good set of 'em. I love switching up the types too - I do some traditional, some Pilates style with my arms close to my body to work my triceps, wide arm push-ups and even "X" style with my legs and arms out wide.


The reason I'm bringing up push ups today is I stumbled upon this site today:
http://www.hundredpushups.com

Now, I know a lot of people on Facebook and Twitter who talk about doing their 100 pushups, so I am curious if this is where they got their inspiration or if they just started their own thing. Anyone know that answer?? Either way, I'm pretty interested in this challenge and plan on giving it a whirl.

Here's to getting stronger and completing 100 pushups. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment