I LOVE beets. If you have never been fond of them, I recommend you give them another try. Seriously. I never really ate them when I was little but really got into them last summer. They are so refreshing and are a perfect addition to salads, and are even just yummy on their own.
- 3 (15-ounce) cans baby beets, drained
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 2 large seedless oranges, zested
- Segments 2 large seedless oranges
Drain the beets and dice into 1/2-inch cubes. Place the beets in a mixing bowl and add the raspberry vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and red onions. Zest the oranges and then segment over a bowl to catch the juices. Add the orange zest, orange segments, and any juices and mix well. Taste for seasoning and serve cold or at room temperature.