Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pesto.Egg.Sandwich.


One fun fact about me: I LOVE sandwiches!

Today's fun, and healthy, recipe is Sliced Egg and Tomato Sandwich with Pesto Mayonnaise. Now, this is the first sandwich I have seen using a hard boiled egg, without turning it into Egg Salad. I am intrigued by this, so I will be trying this recipe pronto. Oh yea, and I love pesto! Thank you Fitness Magazine for the inspiration.

Ingredients-

* 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
* 1-1/2 teaspoons basil pesto
* 2 slices whole-grain bread
* 1 hard-boiled egg, thinly sliced
* 1 small tomato, cored and thinly sliced
* Kosher or coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
* Fresh basil for garnish on the sandwich

Directions-

In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and pesto. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Spread mixture on 1 slice of bread; cover with egg, tomato and remaining bread.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment