Friday, June 10, 2011

Laugh.It.Off.


OK, is it just me or is the title of this book absolutely hilarious?! It's written by a yo-yo dieter, Arleen Mavorah, and here is a blurb about the book taken from her website www.dontfeedthebitch.com:

Do you ever confuse your Tweets, Twix and Twizzlers? How about IMs BBMs or M&M’s? If you answered yes to either of those questions chances are you’re on a diet, or thinking of starting one. If not, you most likely know someone who is. For those who don’t know a Tweet from an IM, but know all the colors of M&M’s – well, you know who you are.

Although dieting is not a funny subject, dieters are funny people and this book proves it. Written in rhyme with contemporary watercolor illustrations, it allows dieters to see the humor in the things they do, or, think they do, in the name of weight loss. This weeklong journey in the life of a yo-yo dieter will have you laughing your calories off. There’s a Skinny Person inside me… but I shut the Bitch up with a Cookie is a funny book with a serious message. It is highly recommended as a read aloud selection for your book club or weight loss group.

I don't know about you, but I think I am going to have to add this to my must-read list of books. Even if all it does is make me laugh, at least I'll be burning calories!


No comments:

Post a Comment