Thursday, June 30, 2011

Barbie.Goes.Camping.



Well my friends and followers, I am off to Sequoia National Park to go camping for the 4th of July weekend with my two besties, Shannon and Kristyn!



Now, I have to admit, I am much more accustomed to camping in an RV, since that's what I have done ever since I was a little girl with my Grandparents, but I'm very excited to branch out and give tent camping a go. I have only been tent camping two times before now and let's just say I had a good time, but...I am a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to...well, nature. I fear snakes more than anything else and of course there's always that fear of bears. Not to mention the dark toilets that may or may not have flushers and lights and the mosquitos that will eat me alive, despite the fact that I will be coating myself from head to toe in bug spray! Ever since I let these fears out of the bag, Shannon and Kristyn have gotten a kick out of teasing me and saying this will be like a Barbie goes camping adventure. I'm not sure about THAT, but...well...ok, maybe I see their point! :)


All in all, despite the minor fears I have of the natural surroundings, I am really looking forward to this outdoor adventure and I know we will have a blast! Did I mention we are white water rafting on the 4th? That will be an adventure in itself.

Have a safe and happy 4th my friends - I will post again when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment