Thursday, June 2, 2011

Aloe.Vera.


During the long holiday weekend, I took advantage of the warm sunshine and spent two days relaxing by the pool.

Forgetting that my "tan" was complements of a bottle, I didn't think I would need a high SPF. I know...I know...I am still one of those people who uses tanning OIL with an SPF of about negative 15, OK, it's really SPF 4. But you would think with every magazine and health source warning me of the damaging effects of natural sun exposure that I would wise up.

Well, I learned my lesson this weekend. My back is FRIED and extremely painful. I have purchased a new bottle of SPF 30 and intend to use it all summer long. I promise.

While I am very thankful that we're seeing signs of summer, I am more thankful for my big bottle of aloe vera that I am applying religiously to treat my lobster-like burn. Believe me, the stinging sensation is a constant reminder to me that I really need to take better care of my skin. And I intend to!

No comments:

Post a Comment