MMM... how good does that look?!? I love pita bread and I really love yogurt dressing. This recipe makes about four pitas and sounds delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 organic, free range chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
Cucumber Yogurt Dressing -
- 1 cup organic plain low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup chopped organic cucumber
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tbsp fresh or dried dill
- Organic romaine lettuce
- Chopped organic tomatoes
- Whole wheat pita bread
1. Add chicken breasts, olive oil and balsamic vinegar to a large plastic ziplock bag and shake well. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. Add yogurt, dill, chopped cucumber, chopped red onion, lemon juice and pepper to a bowl and mix well. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
3. Heat up the pitas in an oven (350 degrees F for 5 minutes).
5. Grill the chicken breasts (indoor or outdoor) and slice into strips or small pieces.
6. Add pre-washed romaine lettuce to a bowl and toss with yogurt dressing.
7. Stuff pitas with the salad and add chopped tomatoes and chicken on top (or mix in with the dressing and salad first before stuffing the pitas if you prefer).
Recipe is courtesy of mysanfranciscokitchen.com