MMM I love spaghetti and I love anything that involves that type of pasta. I am also a big fan of arugula, so naturally I was drawn to this recipe, which is one of Martha's and it sounds delicious!
- 1/2 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
- Sea salt or coarse salt
- 1 small shallot, cut into eighths
- 1 Meyer lemon (about 5 ounces), cut into eighths and seeded
- 3 tablespoons lemon or regular extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 cups packed baby arugula
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast in oven until fragrant, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool completely.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, pulse pistachios and shallot in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Without cleaning processor bowl, finely chop lemon. Add to pistachios and shallot; stir to combine. Stir in 2 tablespoons oil.
3. Add pasta to boiling water; cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Toss pasta with pistachio mixture until coated. Add reserved cooking water; stir until sauce coats pasta. Stir in arugula, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining tablespoon oil; season with pepper. Divide among 4 serving plates.