Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Asparagus.&.Spring.Green.Salad.

I have been hunting for vegetarian recipes for a while since I had planned to go vegetarian for the month of April...however while cleaning out my fridge over the weekend I realized I have too much meat that I can't waste, so I'll take on the challenge in May. At least now I will have time to gather more recipes and make sure to consume all meat products in my house!

I love asparagus...and Spring greens...and Gorgonzola. So, I can only imagine I will LOVE this refreshing salad!


Ingredients -
  • 1 pound green and white asparagus, trimmed and cut into (2-inch) pieces
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
  • 2 tablespoons minced shallots
  • 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
  • 1 (5-ounce) package mixed salad greens
Directions -
1. Cook asparagus and 2 teaspoons salt in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse asparagus under cold water; drain.

2. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, shallots, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.

3. Combine asparagus and greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.

Thanks once again to my favorite healthy recipe source Cooking Light for this delicious recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment