This week's Tasty Tuesday happens to be a recipe for Tuscan Lemon Muffins. I absolutely love anything lemon so it must be fate that lemons meet Tuscany to make this low-fat yummy treat.
- 7-9/10 ounces all-purpose flour (1-3/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt); make a well in center. Combine ricotta and next 5 ingredients (through egg). Add ricotta mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
3. Place 12 muffin-cup liners in muffin cups; coat with cooking spray. Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over batter. Bake at 375° for 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
Special thanks to Maureen Callahan, Cooking Light MAY 2011 for this recipe.