I love deviled eggs, but I would have never thought to try using avocados instead of so much mayo or mustard. What a fabulously, healthy alternative. This is a must try!
Note: Prepare right before serving, as avocados may become dark.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 medium avocado, diced small
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Salt to taste
1. Cut boiled eggs in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out yolks. Mash yolks with a fork.
2. Stir in diced avocados, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt to taste.
3. Fill egg whites with yolk mixture and place on a serving plate. Sprinkle with cayenne or fresh, chopped parsley. Makes 12 servings.
Per serving: 90 calories, 4g Protein, 6g Fat, 1g Carbs, 0g Sugar, 75mg Sodium